Council of The Æsir
Council of The Æsir
Council of The Æsir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council of The Æsir

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

battle mechanics guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jlc400ex

battle mechanics guide Empty
PostSubject: battle mechanics guide   battle mechanics guide EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Battle Mechanics Guide
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »
***ROB Battle Mechanics Guide***

All of the information in this guide has been personally tested by me. Forget everything that you thought you knew about battle mechanics. Enjoy!!!

***Card Skill Effect***

Base Effect % + Skill Level % = Total Effect %

To calculate Base Effect %, use the following table: http://www.wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Skill_cards

To calculate Skill Level %, each skill level increase beyond level 1 increases the effect by 1%. Increasing your card’s skill from level 9 to 10 will increase the effect by 2%.

Example

Claymore Maid’s (CM) effect is big boost to man attack. This effect gives a 13% base buff to man attack. A skill 9 CM provides a 21% buff to man attack (base effect 13% + skill level 8%). A skill 10 CM provides a 23% boost to man attack (base effect 13% + skill level 10%).

***Bonus to Attack and Defense (buff)***

Order Bonus = 5%
Atk/Def Lead Bonus = 5%
Realm Bonus = 5%
Morale Bonus = 10%, 21% or 30%

(Base Atk/Def)(1 + Order Bonus)(1 + Atk/Def Lead Bonus)(1 + Realm Bonus + Morale Bonus + Card X Bonus + Card Y Bonus + Card Z Bonus)

Example

My attack deck is three skill 10 CMs and two skill 1 Achilles. I want to determine my deck’s maximum possible attack so I’ll assume that all three of my CMs will fire their bonus. Each of my CMs at skill 10 provide a 23% buff to my attack (base 13% + 10% skill increase).

All of my cards are 4-7 build. The base attack of my deck is approximately 94,000.

In the below example I receive order, lead and realm bonuses but not morale bonus.

Step 1: (94,000)(1 + .05)(1 + .05)(1 + .05 + .23 + .23 + .23)
Step 2: (94,000)(1.05)(1.05)(1.74) = 180,325 maximum possible attack

Note: The above formula assumes that all cards are the same realm. If you have a multi realm deck, apply the above formula to each card individually and then sum the totals.

Note: The game actually calculates a total for each card separately and then adds them together. This matters because of the next note.

Note: You may notice that your calculation is off by three or four attack points from your actual in game attack. This is due to the game rounding each card total up before all of the card totals are summed.

***Hit to Attack and Defense (debuff)***

Debuff works exactly the same as buff but it affects your opponents deck rather than yours.

Example

For this example I will attack with my deck. Assume all three CMs in my deck fire their skills. Assume thnent’s defense has the following att

• Base defense = 93,000
• Card X buff = 23%
• Card Y buff = 23%
• Card Z debuff = 23%
• Order, Def Lead and Realm bonuses

Opponent’s Deck

Step 1: (93,000)(1 + .05)(1 + .05)(1 + .05 + .23 + .23)
Step 2: (93,000)(1.05)(1.05)(1.51) = 154,825 total defense

My Deck (Notice where I inserted the debuff in the below equation)

Step 1: (93,100)(1 + .05)(1 + .05)(1 + .05 + .23 + .23 + .23 - .23)
Step 2: (93,100)(1.05)(1.05)(1.51) = 154,991 total attack

Note: It is a common misconception that debuffs are applied to the total atk/def or the base atk/def. (see above example for the correct method of calculating debuffs)

Note: It is also a common misconception that debuff is better than buff. I will admit that debuff has an extremely small advantage over buff in extremely rare situations. This advantage is insignificant and should not be considered for practical purposes. In conclusion buff is equal to debuff. (see above example)
« Last Edit: Today at 01:33:51 AM by spierick »
Back to top Go down

battle mechanics guide
Page 1 of 1